This castro is a fortified hillfort settlement from the Iron Age. It was occupied in the 4th century BCE and abandoned in the 1st century CE after the arrival of the Romans. The community then moved to Cuntis, a town by the Gallo River and an ideal place to create thermal baths.
The castro is composed of a wall, a rampart, and the crown of the hill. An area of more than 1000 square metres has been excavated and turned into an open-air museum.
It is complemented by an interpretation centre in the town of Cuntis, where castro culture is displayed in an educational setting. Some parts of the exhibition include grain mills used during that period, a lareira (traditional Galician fireplace), a loom, pieces of pottery and more information on the settlement. It also has a castro pottery workshop where important recovery activities take place from an experimental archaeological perspective, especially regarding the traditional ceramics of Castrolandín