SICTED is a project aimed at improving the quality of tourist destinations, promoted by the Tourism Secretary of State, and supported by the Spanish Federation of Towns and Provinces (FEMP). It works with all types of tourism companies/services with the ultimate objective of improving tourists' experience and satisfaction. Turismo Rías Baixas implemented it in the province of Pontevedra in 2005.
Turismo Rías Baixas and the Deputación de Pontevedra have pioneered the implementation of the Sistema Integral de Calidad Turística Española en Destinos (SICTED. Comprehensive System of Spanish Tourist Quality in Destinations) in the provincial field. Nowadays, 190 tourist destinations in Spain are part of the project SICTED, including 5,117 companies which have the quality label and other 3,877. The province of Pontevedra is the national destination with the greater number of honoured entities: 263, sixty more than in 2017.
The companies with the quality label add up to 263, sixty more than last year, and their representatives received the award in the ceremony Gala de Turismo
The label recognizes the effort and the commitment on quality, as well as the continuous improvement. At the same time, it singles out the company, differentiating it from the competition. The SICTED promotes a homogeneous quality level in the destination.
The following are some of the advantages of this system for the destinations:
- To establish a permanent management structure to increase the competitiveness of the tourist companies in the destination.
- To offer a homogeneous quality level in all the tourist services, and to increase tourists' satisfaction and foster their loyalty.
The prize-winners received their awards in the ceremony Gala de Turismo held in Vigo on the 28th of February. Here you can find a list of the companies, classified by municipalities, and the pictures of the event, where the representatives of each company posed with the president of the Deputación de Pontevedra, Carmela Silva; the majors of the respective municipalities; and the head of the Department of Tourism of the Deputación, Santos Héctor Rodríguez:
- Group photography of the award ceremony
- Vigo, O Porriño, Redondela, Nigrán, Bueu, Cangas and Moaña
- Cambados, A Illa de Arousa, Meaño, Meis, O Grove, Ribadumia, Vilagarcía de Arousa, Vilanova de Arousa, Cuntis, Caldas de Reis and Moraña
- Pontevedra, Poio and Vilaboa
- Lalín, Silleda, A Estrada and Forcarei
- As Neves, Salvaterra de Miño, Arbo, A Guarda, Oia, O Rosal, Tomiño and Tui